Flat Roofing Contractors Serving San Diego and Nearby Areas
Unsure of what type of installation would be most ideal for your residential or commercial building? At Roofing101 in San Diego, our flat roofing contractors can help you navigate this hurdle. Thanks to our experienced team of roofers, choosing the best roof for your building is easy. Give us a call today and ask about:
- Built-Up Roofing (BUR)
- Modified Bitumen
- EPDM Roofing
- PVC Roofing
- TPO Roofing
- Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF)
While some flat roof installations are well-suited to residential properties, others may not be so much. While some offer advantageous solutions for industrial applications, others may be better for re-roofing projects or new constructions. That’s why it’s always a good idea to speak to the experts to know which covering is perfect for your structure.
Flat Roofing Installation in San Diego, CA:
- Built-Up Roofing (BUR). This “old-school” flat roof installation treatment involves the application of roofing felt (tar paper) and asphalt-based roofing tar, often in multiple layers. A top layer of gravel or a reflective coating is required to cut down on heat gain and improve durability. Maintenance and repair work usually call for more felt and coating layers to be applied.
- Modified Bitumen. This option works well on residential & small-scale commercial flat roofs. Because it comes in 3-ft.wide rolls, modified bitumen roofing is easy to handle and apply. The roof surface gets a reflective coating for durability and reduced heat absorption.
- EPDM Roofing. Despite its exotic chemical derivation, ethylene propylene diene monomer has the look and feel of an everyday rubber inner tube. An EPDM roof can easily last 20 years with minimal maintenance, but its dark tone absorbs a tremendous amount of heat. To prolong the life of this single-ply roof and reduce cooling costs, a reflective top coating is essential.
- PVC Roofing. This single-ply roofing material is made from polyvinyl chloride, the same high-performance plastic used in plumbing pipes. Like EPDM, PVC is most frequently used on larger commercial roofing jobs. PVC roofing is naturally white, giving it excellent heat-reflective qualities without any coating or extra treatment.
- TPO Roofing. TPO is short for thermo-plastic olephine, the chemical composition of this fabric-like roofing material. The material comes in rolls of different sizes, making it suitable for a variety of flat roof projects. TPO usually costs less than EPDM or PVC, it doesn’t yet have the same track record of proven performance.
- Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF). This flat roof installation option combines roofing, flashing & insulation. Instead of tearing off an old flat roof, SPF technology enables a contractor to spray on a continuous layer of high-density foam that seals leaks and bridges gaps to form a waterproof barrier, even around roof penetrations like vent stacks. The cured foam layer has good insulation value, helping to reduce heating and cooling costs.
Get the Most from your Roofing Installation
When you’re choosing an ideal roof, a great many factors like installation costs, maintenance requirements, and energy performance come into play. With all these things to consider, Roofing101 is here to make your renovations super simple – and cost-effective! Offering a wide range of durable, high-quality coverings for all types of settings is what makes us stand apart from the rest. With our professional experts taking care of your building, you won’t need to worry about your roof’s durability and lifespan.
Call us today at Roofing101 for more information on our flat roof installations and to book a free roofing quote for your project.