Four out of five homes have an asphalt shingle roof. Asphalt shingles are the most popular roof covering for homes, largely because they are relatively inexpensive, durable, and offered in a wide variety of styles, colors, and textures. To get the longest life out of your asphalt roof, proper installation, maintenance, and repair is necessary. That’s why it’s important to choose an experienced, professional contractor you can trust.
Asphalt shingles are available in two varieties: fiberglass (or composition) and organic. Composite shingles are made of a fiberglass base mat with a waterproof asphalt coating that protects against weather damage. Traditional 3-tab asphalt shingle has been around a long time and is the most common roof covering. Architectural, or dimensional, shingles provide value and strength in a genuine wood-shake look.
Benefits of Asphalt Shingle Installation
- Low Maintenance. When installed properly, asphalt shingles require little maintenance and can be easily repaired if damaged.
- Affordable. The low material cost and long life expectancy of asphalt shingles provide unmatched value.
- Versatile. Asphalt shingles are available in an array of styles and colors to match any home.
- Durable. Most asphalt fiberglass shingles have a Class A fire rating and excellent wind resistance.
- Eco-friendly. Many manufacturers have adopted energy-saving technology to reduce the amount of heat absorbed by your roof. We install ENERGY STAR-rated cool roof shingles designed to reflect the sun’s rays, reduce the temperature of your roof, and help lower your energy costs.
Whether you’re looking for an inexpensive roof covering or a stylish high-performance option, Roofing101 offers asphalt shingles that will match your style and budget. Our trained, experienced roofers make sure that each shingle is nailed down properly to prevent blow-offs and roof leaks.
Contact us today for a free estimate on asphalt shingle roofing!